Hello Everybody! It’s been raining continuously these past few days and I need a little pick me up. Something cheery, sweet and creamy. Egg-less Chocolate Custards is the perfect choice. It’s very easy to make and you can enjoy this hot or cold.
The chocolate custard has that amazing smooth texture and a light touch of sweetness. This combined with the cocoa powder makes everything taste wonderful! One of my friends even said it’s like eating a teaspoonful of chocolate truffles. Have a go with your pals and follow my recipe below:
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornflour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 600 ml non fat milk
- Add ½ cup milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and cornflour in a saucepan. Stir to form a smooth paste. Add the remaining milk gradually, keep stirring.
- Cook mixture over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Keep stirring, Bring to a simmer, cook until thick and bubbling.
- Pour into small serving containers. Set aside to cool.
- Cover plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Serve cold. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.