It has been a long time since I’ve had fish. All I’ve been eating this past weeks were pork, beef, pork, more beef and a bit of chicken. It’s time to eat some of Ariel’s sea buddies.
Here’s one of my fish recipes, the Fried Tilapia with Coconut Milk Sauce! The fish meat combines heavenly with the subtle flavor and creaminess of the coconut milk. A dash of ginger makes all the difference. It gets rid of that fishy taste we all love to hate. Adding spinach leaves adds color and excitement to it as well.
- 2 medium tilapia
- 1 bunch pulled Malabar spinach leaves
- 1 medium
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ginger
- 400 ml coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- Season tilapia with salt and pepper.
- Fry tilapia until golden brown on each side.
- Place it on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Remove used oil from the frying pan and leave 1 tbsp of oil for sauteing.
- In the same pan, saute garlic and onion.
- Add coconut milk, ginger, water, salt, and Malabar spinach. Bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer for 2 minutes. (Please do not leave your pan unattended, coconut mixture may rise up and overflow).
- Add the tilapia to the coconut sauce mixture and simmer again for 2 minutes.