We saw an indie thriller/horror movie the other day. It was titled Afflicted. (Spoiler Alert!) At first I thought it was something like The Chronicle where extra terrestrials caused the main character to get awesome powers, but it wasn’t. It’s about your not so typical Vampire. They were really immortal, wooden stakes included. We got the movie through iTunes and saw it in the comfort of our own home. This meant eating dinner while watching a movie. So much better than just popcorn or chips.
I was craving for something meaty, hearty and flavorful. This hits the spot just right. Pork Cream Cheese with Liver Spread is so thick and full of flavor, it goes perfectly with rice or mashed potatoes. You’ll be one happy camper after indulging yourself with this dish. I couldn’t resist the creamy sauce, I had to get seconds.
- 1 kg pork, cut into 1-2"
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 340 g liver spread
- 226 g cream cheese
- 3 pieces. dried bay leaves
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- Add the pork and cook until lightly brown.
- Add water and soy sauce, then bring to boil.
- Add the liver spread and dried bay leaves. Simmer for 30 minutes, covered, in low heat.
- Add cream cheese and simmer again in low heat for 30 minutes, uncovered, stir often to avoid burning of cream cheese.
- Serve with steamed rice.