Hey you! It is quite cold here. Makes me want to stay in bed but I can’t. I am quite busy today. I have to do groceries, work, test a recipe, blog, read… blah blah blah.
This recipe is really easy. Just make sure the beef is cooked, mix the ingredients, leave it for 8 hours, when you return home your dinner ready to eat.
Before I put the meat into the slow cooker, I cooked it first over a stove to destroy any harmful bacteria that can cause food poisoning. I am not comfortable putting all the ingredients with raw meat into the slow cooker. Better safe than sorry. It took me less than 30 minutes to prepare the ingredients and cook the meat for this recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 lb ground lean beef
- 6 bacon slices, chopped finely
- 1 medium carrot, chopped finely,
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed, chopped finely
- 2 fresh cayenne peppers, chopped finely
- 160 g tomato paste
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 800 g canned white beans, rinsed, drained
- Heat oil in a wok or sauté pan. Cook garlic, onion, beef, bacon, and cayenne pepper, stirring, until beef cooks.
- Add celery and carrots. Stirring for 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Stir in tomato paste, chili powder, pasta sauce, sugar, stock, and beans.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, covered.
- Season to taste.