I worked for very long hours yesterday and I forgot to eat. I just realized that after my work was done. It was my must-eat-now moment. My poor tummy was already complaining.
When I checked the fridge, all I had were steamed carrots, milk, and wine. I can’t just eat carrots or else I’ll be hearing all sorts of noises from my tummy – a really loud noise of complaint! I need something quick and easy in less than 30 minutes.
I just gathered all the ingredients that were available. Ta-dah! Tuna Pasta with Sun Died Tomato Pesto! The pasta was al dente. The fishy smell from the tuna was gone. It was not dry nor soupy, just right!
My tummy was satisfied. No more stomach rumble! I definitely ate first before I took these pictures otherwise I would’ve fainted.
I am eating the last batch while writing this. Yum!
- 350 g spaghetti
- 250 g all purpose cream
- 465 g can tuna, drained
- 155 g cooked peas
- 190 g sun dried tomato pesto
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 medium onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Get the pasta into your colander right away, and allow it to drain. Toss with half the oil.
- In a large frying pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and peas. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in cream, tuna, oregano and pesto. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add pasta and season with salt and pepper. Stir until just heated through.