Shrimp and Squash in Coconut Milk is a quick and easy recipe. It’s a hearty meal of squash with shrimp and malunggay simmered in creamy coconut milk. If preferred you can use malabar spinach or baby spinach instead of malunggay.
Shrimp and Squash in Coconut Milk
Author: One Chopping Board
Recipe type: Main
- 268 g Shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 348 g kabocha squash, peeled, seeded and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 600 ml coconut milk
- ½ tsp oregano powder
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup malunggay leaves (See Note)
- Add coconut milk, squash, tomatoes, and garlic in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 3 minutes in low heat.
- Stir in shrimp, bell pepper, and oregano. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook in medium heat until squash is tender and shrimps are cooked. Then add malunggay leaves, simmer for a minute.
You can use malabar spinach or baby spinach as an alternative to malunggay.