Cooking rice is considered almost a daily activity in most households in the Philippines. Getting through an entire day without having a cup just feels incomplete. Here’s my Chorizo Rice recipe to make your plain rice experience a thing of the past.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150 g Chorizo
- 75 g ham
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, add the onion and cook until softened, then add garlic.
- Stir in chorizo and ham, and cook for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Stir in rice until coated with the butter mixture.
- Add stock then cover pan. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, keep the lid slightly open and turn the heat to low.
- When the liquid has been reduced, completely cover the pan until rice is tender.
- Top with spring onion before serving
Cooking the rice in broth instead of plain water makes all the difference. The rice absorbs the savory goodness of all your combined ingredients so you’ll have to get seconds! 🙂