I was watching The Walking Dead last night and the episode was anti-climactic. It was full of back stories and empty stares into the sky to fill in the hour episode. Three episodes left and it’s bound to have something good to keep everyone shocked and hooked for the next season.
Before watching, I cooked Spam Fried Rice with Bacon and Pineapple. I need something to eat while watching The Walking Dead so I won’t be too scared and jump out of my seat when a zombie magically appears out of nowhere.
This is the first time I attempted to make this this. The good thing about fried rice is that you can add almost anything you want.
No one really wants to eat plain day-old rice. This makes your rice special. I preferred not to add salt to this dish. The spam is salty enough to balance everything out. The sweet, tangy pineapple chunks tickle your taste buds and keep you longing for more.
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups SPAM® classic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 227 g pineapple chunks
- 155 g cooked peas (frozen peas or canned peas)
- 4 bacon strips, sliced into 1 cm cube.
- Add sesame oil, bacon, and spam in wok. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add peas and pineapple chunks. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice. Keep mixing to allow all the ingredients to spread with the rice.
- Add the soy sauce and mix until the rice is evenly coated.