Chinese vermicelli is a type of noodle which is made from starch. It is often confused with rice vermicelli which is a type of rice noodles.
Chicken and Shrimp Vermicelli Noodles is really quick to prepare.
Chicken and Shrimp Vermicelli Noodles
Author: One Chopping Board
- 250 g Chinese vermicelli (also known as Cellophane noodles)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 400 g ground chicken breast
- 300 g shrimp, peeled and Deveined
- 1 celery, sliced
- 1 green red bell pepper (about 150 g)
- 100 g cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium carrots, diced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 4 tbsp kecap manis
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Soak noodles in water for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Heat large deep skillet or Wok with oil. Saute onion until softens and stir in garlic.
- Stir in chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in carrot, celery, bell pepper, shrimp, cabbage, soy sauce, and oyster sauce until combined.
- Pour in stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add noodles and fish sauce. Toss or stir to combine.